Effective Date: October 14, 2017
1. What Information Do We Collect?
Information you provide us:
When you create an account. When you create an account on our Services, we may collect your name, email address, password, gender, birth date, profile pictures, biographical information, interests, and preferences.
When you contact us. We collect any information you provide us if you contact us via email and social media.
Information we collect from your use of our Services:
Web logs, device, and usage information. We record certain information and store it in log files when you interact with our Services. This information may include device and browser information, IP address, URLs of referring/exit pages, search terms, and how you interact with our Services. We may also collect information about your device when you use our Services, such as the unique device identifier, device model, and operating system. We also receive the contents of messages you send through our Services.
Location Information. We will collect location information if you provide it to us or based on, for example, your device’s GPS coordinates, unless you configure your operating system settings to prevent this collection.
Third party services. If you decide to register through or otherwise grant access to a third party social networking or authentication service that we may make available (“Integrated Service”), such as Facebook or Instagram, we will collect certain information that you have provided to the Integrated Service (such as your name, email address, photo, gender, and other information you make available via the Integrated Service, such as information about your friends or contacts on the Integrated Service) and an authentication token from the Integrated Service. The information collected from the Integrated Service may be used to register you on our Services and to provide some of the features of our Services. You may revoke our access to your account on the Integrated Service at any time by updating the appropriate settings in the account preferences of the respective Integrated Service. You understand that certain features of our Services may not be available to you if you choose to remove our access to your account with the Integrated Service.
2. How We Use Your Information
We may use the information we collect to:
- To operate, maintain, enhance and provide features of our Services, to provide information that you request, to respond to comments and questions, and otherwise to provide support to users.
- To contact you for administrative, informational, marketing, or promotional purposes.
- We may anonymize or aggregate data collected through our Services and may use and disclose it for any purpose.
- For our business purposes, such as data analysis, audits, security, fraud monitoring and prevention; and operating and expanding our business activities.
3. How We Share Your Information
We will not share or sell your personal information to third parties for their own direct marketing purposes, unless we have your permission to do so.
When you register for our Services, your profile, such as name, introduction, gender, age, profile pictures, and preferences, will be viewable by other users of our Services. If you [like/swipe right/heart] another user, you will be able to message that user if they also [like/swipe right/heart] you to create a match. You can also block users you have matched with if you no longer want to receive messages from them. If a user’s operating system settings are configured to allow for collection of geolocation information, your general location will be viewable on the in-app map to other users.
We may share your information with third parties in the following situations:
- With our service providers in order to provide and improve our Services, including for hosting, data analytics, information technology, and other purposes.
- Where disclosure is required or appropriate in order to comply with laws, regulations, legal process, or a governmental request;
- If we think doing so is necessary to protect the rights, property, security, or safety of us, our Services, our users, or the public;
- To investigate and defend ourselves or others against any third-party claims or allegations;
- While negotiating or in relation to a business transaction, such as a merger, change of control, sale of assets, or bankruptcy;
- Aggregated or anonymized information that does not identify you; and
- Whenever you consent to the sharing.
4. Choices You Have With Your Information
You can update your account information and privacy settings through your account settings on our mobile app. This includes the ability to stop sharing your general location with other users of our Services.
You can unsubscribe from our promotional emails via the unsubscribe link provided in the emails or by updating your preferences in your account settings. Please note that you will continue to receive administrative messages from us even if you opt out of receiving promotional messages.
5. Links to Third Parties Services
We use certain physical, organizational, and technical safeguards that are designed to maintain the integrity and security of information that we collect. Please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable and thus we cannot and do not guarantee that your information will not be accessed, viewed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by breach of any of our physical, technical, or organizational safeguards.
7. International Users
Flirtar uses servers hosted in the United States. Please note that we may be transferring your information outside of your region for storage and processing in the United States and around the globe. By using our Services, you consent to the transfer of information to countries outside of your country of residence, including the United States, which may have data protection rules that are different from those of your country.
8. Children’s Information
We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13. If we find out that a child under 13 has given us personal information, we will take steps to delete that information. If you believe that a child under the age of 13 has given us personal information, please contact us as set out under “Contact Us” below.
10. Contact Us